Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Introducing Amy - Adoption Day!

Amy in the Summer of 2011
David, Isaac and Amy
Amy and I at the courthouse this morning.
I've been thinking for days what I might write on this blog post marking this momentous occasion, but in all honesty, I don't know what to say. It has been such a long, hard road over the course of three years to get to this day, and there were many days I wasn't sure it was going to ever happen.

The ceremony at the courthouse was wonderful (although truly I hope I never have to set foot in Juvenile court again!) - the judge read and gave us a copy of a beautiful poem about adoption that made me cry and gave Amy some gifts to mark the day - including a stuffed dog and a Frozen DVD which he was thrilled about. I don't know if she will remember anything about this day or only have the memories we tell her about as she grows up, but it is something the rest of us will never forget.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Aw, great pics! Congratulations to all of you!!

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

Thank you! :)

Karen Ford said...

I still remember your phone call that December when Amy was just days old and how excited we all were for you to add a girl to the "frat house"! Congratulations Mama! Three years is a long time to labor, but she's definitely worth it!

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

Yes she is! :)

Denise said...

Congratulations! You are an awesome family to welcome in this little girl. We have friends walking the foster/adopt journey and I'm continually amazed at how hard the system makes this road for adoptive families. God bless you all!

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

Thank you, Denise. She is truly a blessing to us!

You Might Also Enjoy These Articles

Amazon Ad