Sunday, February 12, 2006

The importance of today

I've begun reading the Diary of Saint M. Faustina Kowalski who the Lord entrusted with beginning the Divine Mercy devotions. (Divine Mercy Sunday is the Sunday after Easter). I'll post more information as we get closer to the day. However, as I began her diary, I came across this passage which I thought was very relevant for all of us:

When I look into the future, I am frightened,
But why plunge into the future?
Only the present moment is precious to me,
As the future may never enter my soul at all.

It is no longer in my power,
To change, correct or add to the past;
For neither sages nor prophets could do that.
And so, what the past has embraced I must entrust to God.

O present moment, you belong to me, whole and entire.
I desire to use you as best I can.
And although I am weak and small,
You grant me the grace of your ominpotence.

And so, trusting in Your mercy,
I walk through life like a little child,
Offering you each day this heart
Burning with love for Your greater glory.


No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...