Friday, April 20, 2007

Making Time for Friends

I was making my way through my pile of "stuff to read that I just haven't gotten around to" and came across this statistic in the October 2006 issue of Redbook. A new survey from Duke University said that 25% of people polled said that they had no one to confide in.



I find that so sad. I can't even imagine what I would do without my friends, my old faithful friends who have known me forever and love me anyway, and my fellow mom friends who are always there to help me through whatever parenting crisis I am currently experiencing.



We need to make time for our friends and make the effort to keep in touch with those important people in our lives. We also need to be open to welcoming new people into our life. Be welcoming to those who are new in your neighborhood or Church. They might need a friend, and you just might find a new friend as well. Life is too hard to go through alone.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...