Thursday, April 17, 2008

Coping with Change

I'll admit it, change makes me break out in a sweat. Good or bad, it throws me for a loop. Even though I know I will come out of the other side just fine, and this new "change" will eventually become my new "normal," the transition is never easy. There is a new website and book dedicated to helping people cope with change. First 30 Days is dedicated to helping people navigate the first 30 days of any change - the crucial period when you are adjusting to something new. There are parts of the site that seem somewhat "new-agey," but if you can get beyond that, there does seem to be some concrete advice on coping with many of life's changes. The most helpful section is Life Changes which lists many of life's most common changes - a new job, a new baby, a new relationship, etc. and offers ways to adjust.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...