A Year of Daily Offerings
by James Kubicki, S.J.
This is a a thoughtful book of morning meditations from Rev. James Kubicki, S.J., national director of the Apostleship of Prayer provides a rich array of reflections based on Ignatian spirituality that invite you to begin each day with a sincere offering of your life to God. He provides a fresh perspective on the promise of connecting with God through the practice of morning prayer by using monthly themes, prayers of the saints, a word to carry throughout the day, and an evening reflection to reflect on the day you offered to God.
The Cross, Our Only Hope: Daily Reflections in the Holy Cross Tradition
Edited by Andrew Gawrych, C.S.C. and Kevin Grove, C.S.C.
Priests and brothers of the Congregation of Holy Cross offer an introduction to the rich, vibrant spirituality of the Congregation through a series of daily reflections on the themes of Holy Cross spirituality: trust in God, zeal, compassion, hope in the Cross, discipleship, and education in the faith. You can find out more about the contributors at http://vocation.nd.edu/get-connected/books/the-cross-our-only-hope-contributors/
Saint of the Day
Edited by Leonard Foley, OFM
This is the 40th anniversary edition of Saint of the Day, first compiled by Leonard Foley, O.F.M., and published in two volumes. Through the years, this popular book has been a go-to source for information on key saints. This seventh revised edition contains the following additions:
- New saints and blesseds such as John of Avila, Hildegard of Bingen, John Henry Newman, and John Paul II.
- An expanded Introduction, with more detail about the current process of canonization.
- Also, background on the evolution of Saint of the Day since the first two volumes, including its recent formats as a daily online resource and as an app.
- A suggested resources section of additional Franciscan Media products with information about saints and blesseds
And I would be remiss if I did not mention the Catholic Mom offering which I contributed three reflections to:
The Catholic Mom Daily Prayer Companion
Edited by Sarah Reinhard and Lisa Hendey
Created by moms for moms, these hope-filled meditations touch on the issues and concerns you face as you try to get through the day with a sense of God's presence in your life. Whether you are a new or seasoned mom working in or outside of your home, this inspiring collection of reflections for every day of the year will help you
- stay in touch with the seasons of the Church year:
- remember Mary's loving presence on her feast days:
- keep company with both new and familiar saints:
- see the spiritual meaning of secular holidays: and
- make you smile with occasions such as Houseplant Appreciation
Day and National Popcorn Day.