Monday, October 08, 2007

The Art Quilt Workbook

Today was a day off from school for my boys so I was trying to take it easy as well. As part of my relaxation, I read the latest issue of the Quilters Newsletter. I love to quilt. The quilts I make are very simple in style and structure. I sew by hand because I find it relaxing and I work on my quilts in the rare opportunities when no other project is demanding my attention. I have been working on my current project for over two years!

There are wonderful artists, however, who make quilts I can only dream of. While I have always made the patchwork variety, made up of small pieces of fabric sewn together to make a pattern, there is a style of quilting referred to as "art quilts" in which various techniques are used to create a whole new style of quilting.

The "Quilters Newsletter" reviewed a new book the "Art Quilt Workbook" which shows how to create these masterpieces. It is designed for for people who are new to this method of quilting and has small homework pieces (9" x 12") for students to create in order to learn. It sounds very interesting.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...