Friday, July 24, 2009

Doing All We Can

But the seed sown on rich soil is the one who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and yields a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold. Matthew 13:23

These words are consoling to me, because the results of my life often fall short of a hundredfold. After I've done my best, my yield sometimes falls within the sixty or thirtyfold range. If I have truly done my best, that is OK, because then I will have used my gifts to the best of my ability.

We have a gracious God who accepts us as we are. God knows our limitations. If we do the best with what we have been given, then we will become the people God created us to be.

Fr. Kenneth E. Grabner, C.S.C from today's Living Faith

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post.

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...