Sunday, July 12, 2009

Redefining the source of our self-worth

In the July 2009 issue of St. Anthony's Messenger Barbara Hosbach writes of her experience of having MS and what it has taught her. It is a powerful article with lessons for us all. I especially liked her last two paragraphs:

My self-worth depends not on how much I do, but on accepting who I am: a child of God with strengths and weaknesses like everybody else. This being so, I can stop the mental contest of comparing myself with others.

It's safe to relate to others more honestly. When I'm not running on empty, I naturally have more to give. As a child of God, I'm known and cared for by the one who works for good in all circumstances. If I look for the good, I'll find it. That truly is good news!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...