Monday, January 17, 2011

Poisoned by the Pill: Truths about Chemical Contraception

It is a simple fact of life that medicines have side effects. One must always weigh the benefits with the risks involved. I know this in my own life. I have been on a daily medicine for seven years now for an auto-immune disease. Taking it allows me to function relatively pain-free and to maintain a good quality of life. It is also poison. I have had various side effects from it over the years and I try to keep my dosage the lowest possible in order to maintain the desired results with the minimum amount of damage to my body. Yes, sometimes medicine is necessary, but it almost always has a health cost.

Sometimes, however, medicines are dispensed with little thoughts to the consequences. The birth control pill is often seen as a rite of passage for women. You get to a certain age - you go on the pill. It is given out by doctors without them informing women of the consequences. Women presume it is as safe as taking a Tylenol. Women have a right to know what they are doing to their bodies (and potential pregnancies) in order to make an informed decision. This article gives concrete evidence of the health risks women are taking by being on the pill:

Poisoned by the Pill

3 comments:

not a minx, a moron, or a parasite said...

Very scary! We need to get the word out.

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

I'm trying to! Please share this article with your friends,

CourageToDream said...

you are right. these pills have adverse effects yet most women are unaware and use it as if it were a magic potion!!
It indeed is necessary that a word be spread around about the side effects of these pills!
- http://www.iamdhvani.blogspot.com

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...