Friday, March 25, 2011

Blueprint for Change: Funding Catholic Schools

Even though I homeschool my children, I am an ardent supporter of Catholic Schools. I received a quality Catholic school education and want that to be available to others, including my own children and grandchildren should they wish to take advantage of it. I continue to donate to the schools I attended.

While in some areas of the country Catholic Schools are thriving, in my area they are hurting badly. The vast majority of people simply can't afford to pay the tuition. Fewer people attend as a result, thereby raising the tuition per child. It is a vicious cycle.

On Catholic Exchange today, Greg Fazzari offers an interesting alternative to the current per child way of figuring out tuition. It makes a lot of sense and should be given some serious thought by parishes and dioceses struggling to keep their school doors open. The comments discuss some of the philisophical pros and cons of the system.

Read more here: Blueprint for Change: Funding Catholic Schools

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...