Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Gratitude and Prayers after a Scary Day

When I got up this morning, little did I think I'd be blogging tonight from a hotel room in a nearby town. Tornadoes ripped through my hometown of Springfield, MA and the surrounding area this afternoon. While my immediate section of the town was spared, a few blocks away were scenes of devastation. The only thing we are suffering from was a lack of power and no idea when it might come back (the last time anything remotely similar occurred in our area it took a few days). That's a pretty small problem in the big scheme of things.

So, tonight, I am thankful. All my family and friends are OK. Some sustained damage, but nothing that can't be fixed. I am thankful that my house is in one piece. I am thankful for having the resources to be someplace with hot water and air conditioning on this hot day. I am thankful for wireless access at the hotel which allowed me to take place in a work-related chat I had been preparing for for several months!

I am also praying for those in my community who were not so fortunate. I hope that they get the help they need to recover and rebuild as quickly as possible.

3 comments:

not a minx, a moron, or a parasite said...

My friend is from your town! Glad you're safe!

Pat Gohn said...

So glad you folks are okay!

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

Thanks, Pat! Our power was restored this evening.

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...