Monday, April 13, 2015

Book Review: Teaching in Your Tiara

Teaching in Your Tiara: A Homeschooling Book for the rest of Us

by Rebecca Frech
Dallas: Scabbed Knee Press, 2013




Are you thinking about homeschooling? Or are you a seasoned homeschooler who is often asked for information about homeschooling? "Teaching in Your Tiara: A Homeschooling Book for the Rest of Us" is a great "intro to homeschooling" book.  Unlike some of those idealistic portraits of homeschooling one often comes across, Rebecca Frech, a Catholic mom of seven, presents a very honest, helpful view of homeschooling, seasoned with a generous helping of humor.

Topics include making the decision, getting Dad on board, talking to your family and friends about homeschooling, choosing curricula, homeschooling with different ages, facing high school, special needs, finding a support group, and how to homeschool and still take care of the house and yourself.

As a veteran homeschooler myself, I found myself nodding along as I read. This is the same information I would give anyone considering homeschooling. It is a wonderful resource for anyone thinking about taking that leap into homeschooling.



No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...