Monday, August 20, 2007

Going Green Little by Little

As I have written before, I am slowly but surely trying to convert my family into green living by making small changes - buying organic and/or local products whenever possible, recycling everything that can be recycled as well as buying recycled products when available, and using energy-star appliances and energy-saving lightbulbs. My small step that I started today is unplugging my desktop computer when I shut it down. It's not a huge thing - a minor inconvenience - but it will save a little bit of energy and all those little bits add up.

Another product that I haven't used yet, but which I learned about in the July/August issue of Body and Soul Magazine are environmentally friendly paints. Sherwin Williams has a "Harmony" brand and Benjamin Moore features "Eco Spec." AFM Safecoat was designed especially for people with chemical sensitivity. To find out more about these products you can check out their respective websites at:

Sherwin-Williams
Benjamin Moore
AFM Safecoat

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...