Thursday, August 30, 2007

Much Loved Prayer

My mother typed this prayer for me several years ago on an old manual typewriter. It was a prayer that she and I said together often in the days when I still lived at home. As you can see, it has been well-used. I say it every day for my parents' health which right now can certainly use a lot of prayer. After realizing that this particular copy was beyond repair, I finally broke down and typed myself a new copy.

My Novena to the Sacred Heart

O Divine Jesus, who hast said: “Ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you.” Behold me prostrate at thy feet. Animated with a lively faith and confidence in these promises dictated by Thy Sacred Heart and pronounced by Thy adorable lips, I come to ask

(Here Mention Your Request)

From whom shall I ask, O sweet Jesus, if not from Thee whose heart is an inexhaustible source of all graces and merits. Where shall I seek, if not in the treasure which contains all the riches of Thy Clemency and Bounty. Where shall I knock, if it be not at the door of Thy Sacred Heart, through which you come to us and through which we go to you. Amen.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...