Thursday, September 17, 2009

In Thanksgiving for Hospital Eucharistic Ministers

In the October 2009 issue of US Catholic, Paul Wilkes shares his experience of giving communion at a hospital. He speaks about being a minister of the Church and extending Jesus' body to all he can. This reminded me of when I was in the hospital giving birth to my own children. For my first child, I went to a Catholic hospital. I was there for four days. No one ever brought me communion. I didn't realize I was missing anything. With my second child, I was at a secular hospital and someone came to bring me Communion every day. What a great comfort that was to me. I don't remember who the people were who came to see me, but they truly brought joy to me. I'm very thankful for them.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...