Friday, August 20, 2010

Love continues after death

I'm currently reading Angels and Wonders: True Stories of Heaven on Earth, the last of the three angel books by Joan Wester Anderson that I had taken out of the library. I'm still not sure why God wanted me to read these books right now. Perhaps I needed the reminder that there are angels watching over me and my children, or that God does care (even on days when I am not sure that He does). Maybe my children needed to hear the stories in the Angel to Watch Over Me I'm now reading to them, or maybe one of you reading this needs to read one of these books. I'm sure God has his reasons. I don't need to know. I just need to trust.

One of the things about the current book I'm reading is that it has several stories of people seeing family members that had died (even in cases where they never knew the person when he/she was alive). While I know that people who have died continue to care about us and pray for us, it is nice to have evidence that that connection truly does exist. Love continues after death. It's not only the saints that can help us. We can also ask those in our own families who have crossed to the other side for their assistance. While they are not angels in the true sense of the word (Angels are created as such. Humans are human.), they can still be of great help to us in our times of need.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...