Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Book Review: "The Window to my Soul"

The Window To My Soul : My Walk With Jesus
by Tannia Ortiz-Lopes
Tate Publishing, 2004

"The Window to My Soul" by Tannia Ortiz-Lopes grew out of her experience of turning forty and reevaluating life. She went to a weekend silent retreat to "find herself" and in the process discovered a whole new relationship with God. She learned many valuable lessons. In this small volume, she reflects on this "New Beginning" in beautiful poetry and prose and offers valuable inspiration to others in the process.

The book is divided into four sections: A New Beginning, Walking a Mile with Job, Reflections while Walking with God and Jesus, and Through the Darkness. Ortiz-Lopes' poetry and reflections will resonate with all those who have struggled in their spiritual journey. She reaches out and trusts in God even when it is hard. She finds her comfort and strength in the Word of God.

One especially good reminder comes in her poem "To Deny Oneself Means . . .!"

To deny myself means - total surrender
to Jesus and His will
To deny myself means - total trust
in the Lord's will and His promises
of loyalty and redemption
through His only beloved Son, Jesus
To deny myself means - putting God
first in my life and then considering others
and myself in every daily situation.

To take up my cross and follow Jesus
means - to accept all the challenges and
temptations of every day and
confront them with the serenity
and assurance that Jesus is beside me
comforting me and strengthening me
all the way.


No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...