Thursday, February 27, 2014

Spending Lent with St. Francis

I usually try to do something special with this blog during Lent - it offers a spiritual exercise for me and hopefully some of you out there benefit from it as well. In my parish library, I recently picked up a 1976 book on The Writings of St. Francis of Assisi translated by Benen Fahy, O.F.M. with Introduction and Notes by Placid Hermann, O.F.M. I wasn't able to find the same book on Amazon although there are certainly plenty to choose from about St. Francis. I truly was not aware that St. Francis had written so much and have found much to think about in reading this book.

In light of our current pontiff and the continuing call to live a more simple life, I thought I'd reflect on the words of St. Francis this Lent. Starting Ash Wednesday next week, I'll be offering quotes from this famous saint. I hope you find them interesting and that they help you on your Lenten journey.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...