Monday, February 24, 2014

Wise words from Amy Welborn

This is an excerpt from Amy Welborn's reflection in today's Living Faith. She was reflecting on her house which was in the middle of a renovation:

Before it can look beautiful, it must look a wreck. 

For many of us, this is not just a matter of looking, but being. We can't say if it "has to" happen, for who but God knows the answer to that, but most of the time, that's the way it is, isn't it? The moments of most intense life and communion with the Lord follow the moments when we have been worn down to the bone. 

Healing Lord, I trust that you can heal me and make me new.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...