Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Another Parenting Challenge

I have repeatedly found that as soon as parenting seems to be going rather smoothly, some new wrinkle will come to once again challenge you. For us, David is now resisting going to sleep at night. There could be many reasons contributing to this, among them some post-traumatic stress regarding the massive storm we had last week (he now has an incredible fear of a storm coming and taking our house), the fact that he is starting school soon which he also has some stress about, or the simple fact that he is getting older and perhaps just doesn't need as much sleep as he used to.

Regardless, in order to keep him in his room and have him go to sleep, I now need to sit outside his door until he goes to sleep (the past two nights that has been an hour). While I am getting some reading done, it has sharply cut into my writing and computer time. So, here I am, trying to trust God that I will get the work done he wants me to and that this new phase in parenting won't last too long!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...