Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Making Time to Breathe

When we are tense or stressed, our breaths become very shallow. One simple way to relax no matter where you are at the moment is to stop and pay attention to your breathing. Actually feel yourself inhale and exhale. Count your breaths (it will help keep you focused) - usually counting 9 breaths works to help you relax.

I have started doing this when I go to sleep at night and I find it clears my mind and has me asleep before I ever reach the count of nine! I am also trying to remember to breathe during the day when I start feeling like life is a little out of control.



Try it! Let me know how it works for you.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...