Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Discerning our Lenten Fasts

Yes, it is that time of year again to decide what one is going to do for Lent - whether it be giving up something or trying to do something extra for God (or both!). As my pastoral minister so wisely stated this past Sunday, Lent is a time for getting unstuck. Lisa Hendey has a wise post on this topic over on Faith and Family: http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/blog/discerning_our_fasts/.

In a similar vein, I was reading the latest issue of Canticle Magazine, and came across the idea of offering up one's sacrifice for a special intention. So, I think that I am going to do that this year. I have been going through a rough spot for a couple months now, battling my own demons, so I am going to offer up my Lent for some discernment and hope.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...