Thursday, February 05, 2009

Prayer: Why?

I came across this prayer in a book called The Questioner's Prayer by Bishop Robert J. Baker

Lord, hear my cry; listen to my question - "why?"
For it rises to You from the depth of my heart,
as a prayer from one
who truly believes in You,
but experiences You right now as far away from me.

O Lord,
Be not far from me.
Hasten to help me.
I need you to answer my plea.
Turn not your face from me.
I seek to understand Your ways and to follow
Your holy will for me.
Help me to find strength for the journey
and light for my path as I join
my suffering to that of Your Son's suffering
and death on the cross.

May the Passion of Jesus give meaning
and hope to me as I experience
my own personal passion.
Into Your hands, O Lord, in faith and in trust,
I commend my spirit.

Amen




1 comment:

Kate Wicker said...

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...