Monday, November 23, 2009

God's Love

I was hunting in my card drawer for a birthday card today. Yes, I have a whole card drawer. I like to save all the cards that I get in the mail from various organizations. I also have a collection of cards to use for craft projects. But, that is not the point of this post. The point of this post is that I found the following quote in one of the cards:

God loves each one of us, as if there were only one of us. - St. Augustine

That quote really struck me. Sometimes it is hard for me to remember that God loves me. I know it cognitively. If someone asks me, "Does God love you?" I would answer "yes," but feeling it is quite another matter. I do KNOW it, however. And as a parent, I know in some small way what it means to feel that kind of love for a child. We are all God's children. I love each of my children with a powerful love and would do anything for them. I always want what is best for them, even when that differs strongly from what they would want for themselves. I love each of them equally. I may not always like what they are doing at a given moment, but I always love them. God loves us always. He wants what is best for us. His love is all-powerful. I would do well to remember this always, even when I don't feel it.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...