Saturday, September 11, 2010

22 Quotes from St. Therese - Day 2

But I'll come back to my day on Sundays. This joyful day, which passed so quickly, had its own tinge of melancholy. I remember that my happiness was unmixed until Compline [the evening service]. During that service I used to think how the day of rest was going to end . . . and the next day I'd have to go back to life, work, and learning lessons, and my heart would feel the exile of the world. . . I would long for the eternal rest of heaven, the Sunday where the sun never sets in the Homeland! - St. Therese

From The Story of a Soul: A New Translation (Living Library)

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...