Thursday, September 09, 2010

Quote about Letting Go as Parents

My children aren't there yet, but I know that the day they leave home will be here before I know it. This quote from Stories for the Homeschool Heart by Theresa Thomas is a good one to remember:

"A ship is safe in a harbor, but that is not where ships are meant to go." I saw this on a poster. Yes, boys are destined to be men. And mothers are supposed to help them reach their potential, not wistfully pine for their ever-presence. So in a couple weeks I will help them pack their J.C. Penney sheets and Target fan, and Wal-Mart notebooks and pens into their car heading for campus. With a hug and a kiss I will release them to God and let them sail. I'll also let them know I'll be in port, waiting, whenever they come home.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...