Thursday, September 16, 2010

Prayer by Franciscan Friar Mychal Judge

I am currently reading Things Seen and Unseen: A Catholic Theologian's Notebook by Lawrence S. Cunningham. Today I came across this passage:

One of the iconic photos of the 9/11 tragedy was that of firemen carrying out the body of the Franciscan friar, Mychal Judge. Later I discovered a prayer he once composed with its wonderful final line:

Lord, take me where you want me to go,
Let me meet whom you want me to meet,
Tell me what to say, and
Keep me out of your way. Amen


What a wonderful prayer! And I can so relate to that last line. How often I feel like I could do whatever it is that God wants from me if I could just get the "me" part out of it.


No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...