Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Can We Trust God To Give Us What We Desire?

Marc Cardaronella has a very interesting post up: Can We Trust God to Give Us What We Desire?

I admit this is something I have really struggled with throughout my life. God has certainly answered some of my deepest desires, but only after long waits (I have found that seven years has a certain significance in my life - I seem to have to want something for that long, come to the acceptance that it isn't going to happen and realize that I need to make the best of my current situation before God grants the desire). Others he seems to have slammed the door shut on (Yes, I know - anything is possible with God and no one knows what the future might hold.)

As Mark suggests, I do pray every day to do God's will and ask for his help with the desires of my heart. I do try to trust that God knows better than I do what I need, and that in denying or delaying my desires he is teaching me a valuable lesson (even if I don't realize it until many years later.)Sometimes, however, the trusting is very hard.

Dear God, please help me to trust in you.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...