Friday, April 01, 2011

When Our Crosses Seem Like Too Much to Bear

This passage from Pausing To Pray Lenten Meditations for Busy People truly resonated with me today. The text in bold is from Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul . The reflection is by Fr. Leszek Czelusniak.

And when it seems to you that your suffering exceeds your strength, contemplate My wounds, and you will rise above human scorn and judgment. Meditation on My Passion will help you rise above all things. (1184)

What do I have to do? What is my mission, my vocation? I have to look for Your will, Jesus. You want to show me that Your plan and your provisions are the best things I could ever have. Your life, dear Jesus, is my best example: You came to do the will of the Father, that was your mission. Such a difficult mission! Yet you prayed for the Father's will, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." When my crosses seem more than I can bear, let me look to You with trust and echo, "Thy will be done."

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...