Boxed In: Do You Need to be Set Free from Stuff? by Bryan Cones is a Lenten article, but it is relevant every day of the year. He tells of needing to store half of his belongings in a storage center while his house was being renovated.
"I lived for a year without half my things, and I never really needed them. . . Why was I keeping all this stuff? . . . As I looked at my books and papers - almost all of them from my seminary and theology school days - I was surprised by my own unacknowledged sadness. Most of that library was a collection of dreams unfulfilled . . . There was regret, disappointment, even a sense of failure that I hadn't lived up to expectations. And as long as they were there in front of me, living where I live, I wasn't going to move on."
What things are you holding onto that keep you from moving forward?
I am a writer, artist, and homeschooling mom. Here you will find musings on life, readings, and a relationship with God. To add a RSS feed to this blog, go to http://feeds.feedburner.com/SpiritualWoman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Three Works of Reparation and Why They Matter
The Catholic Encyclopedia defines reparation as “the making of amends for harm or damage done to another person.” When Christ died on t...
-
These are excerpts from some of St. Gianna's writings: "Prayer is the search for God who is in heaven and everywhere, since He i...
-
Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...
-
The two featured names of the day on the Ave Maria Press Facebook Catholic Baby Name Contest are "Helen" and "Ethan" -...
No comments:
Post a Comment