Monday, September 17, 2012

The Importance of Friends

I'm a very introverted person and have never had many friends, but the ones I have had (and continue to have) have been very precious to me and I am so thankful for them.

Cheryl Dickow defines Five Friends a Woman Needs in this article for Catholic Lane: http://catholiclane.com/five-friends-a-woman-needs/

She has compiled a good list. Thankfully for people like me, one person can fill more than one of these roles! But, we all need friends - special people to be there in good times and bad, to laugh and cry with us, to celebrate our successes and tell us when we are wrong, people to pray with and for us, and people who hold us in their hearts even when we haven't spoken in ages.

True friends are such a rare gift. Whether a friend comes into our lives for a season or a lifetime, the bond of friendship is a special one and something to be treasured.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...