Thursday, January 10, 2013

Prayers and Support for Cassandra Poppe

Cassandra Poppe is a fellow Catholic writer. This past week, her husband and little boy were badly burned in a fire.

The most recent update about her son is as follows:

In summation, Fulton received 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his entire face and head, patches on his arms and left leg, and most of his back and chest/abdomen. So many angels have been with us over the last 36 hours, I could write a book on all the graces we have already received, which has fortified my faith and hope for the several grueling months we have ahead of us here in Galveston, TX.

His first surgery was today, where they scraped off many layers of skin on his hands, leg, arms, back and front. These wounds were then covered with 'fake' skin (more on that later). They decided that they would not touch his head and face yet, as they needed the operating room for 2 other children today, and the severity of his wounds were such that they decided it was best to wait. That surgery will come over the next 3 days - whenever they decide it should be done. HIs sweet angelic face is swollen and charred deyond recognition and I cannot believe the monstrosity of damage and pain my little buddy is enduring.

We are in desperate need of prayers - I will not lie. I have been entrusted with a task far beyond my capabilities and we will be here for several months, far away from home. All my trust has been placed in the hands of Our Lord and Our Lady, as only they will get me through this.

Please, please pray for Fulton! And pray for my dear sweet husband Jay who wants nothing more than to be here with us, but can't due to his own injuries.


I will attempt to get through the hundreds of messages, posts and emails that have been sent to me - forgive me if I do not respond to them all! But please know that every word of every prayer is cherished.

God is good! Always! God bless!"


Prayers are much needed. In addition, a website has been set up for fundraising to help them. Please spread the word and donate if you are able to do so: http://www.giveforward.com/PrayForFulton

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...