Monday, March 13, 2006

Signs of Spring

tulip plant

One cannot overestimate what it means to have spring come for those of us who live in northern climates. Even though this winter was not particularly harsh, there is still something about those first few warm days when people emerge from their homes to soak up the sun. It is so refreshing to be able to step outside without hats and coats. You get to see neighbors you haven't talked to all winter, and go for walks without shivering.

One of the best things about spring, however, is watching new life grow. The picture above is of one of my tulip plants. I have a whole bunch poking their heads out in my garden. I love bulbs because you plant them in the fall when the air is turning colder. It is such an act of hope to believe that they will be there to greet you in six months when spring comes.

I remember when I was pregnant with David that I planted tulips. I was only a couple months pregnant at the time, but I recall thinking that the baby would be here before the tulips bloomed. So much can happen in six months!

So, here's to spring and all its possibilities!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...