Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sometimes God hits you over the head

I was doing my usual morning prayers today when I came across this line in the Living Faith reflection by Sr. Ruth Marlene Fox, O.S.B.:

Maybe I know someone who needs a friend or a phone call or a person to drive her to the store or clinic.

Just yesterday my mom had called and asked if I would take her to the store today (Due to medical reasons, she hasn't driven in over 20 years). While I didn't exactly say "No," I did demonstrate an unusual lack of enthusiasm for the idea. I was feeling pretty badly about it after as it was, and then I read that passage this morning. So, yes, I called my mother, and the boys and I did take her shopping today, which was obviously what I was supposed to be doing.

Sometimes God is anything but subtle!

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...