Friday, January 26, 2007

Guardian Angels

I had read Where Wonders Prevail by Joan Wester Anderson a couple of years ago and loved it. So, I was very excited to see this new book by Anderson, "Guardian Angels: True Stories of Answered Prayers" at the library. I wasn't disappointed. "Guardian Angels" shares the same format, offering examples of divine intervention in people's lives - mysterious Good Samaritans who appear out of nowhere in a person's hour of need or extraordinary circumstances that simply cannot be explained in human terms.

If you don't believe in angels, you should read this book. It will convince you that there are other beings who walk through life with us and help guide our way. If you already believe in angels, "Guardian Angels" will only serve to reinforce that belief. It is filled with wonderful, touching stories, quite a few of which made me tear up. It is such a reinforcement of the good in the world. We all need that now and then.

1 comment:

Joan Anderson said...

Thank you so much for mentioning my new book on your blog. It is always a thrill to "meet" someone who loves angels.
You might want to know, and mention to your readers, that on my website, www.joanwanderson.com, I now have an archives page which has allowed me to post about 150 stories that I never used in my books. These are stories mailed out every other week to my mailing list (which you can also sign up to receive at the same website address). Never a fee or anything. Just a gathering place for angel lovers.
Thanks again.
Joan Wester Anderson

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...