Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Life is back to normal

It seems hard to believe that Christmas was just last week. The decorations are down, Bernie is back at work, and David is back in school. And, thankfully, I am feeling better, so life is pretty much back to normal. In some ways, normal has a nice comfort factor to it.

God is as much in our everyday life as in the big celebrations, and sometimes we have a little bit more time to be aware of it. About 4:30 pm this afternoon I looked out my front window and there was a breathtaking sunset full of radiant oranges and purples. It was beautiful. A few minutes later I looked out the back window and the full moon was shining through the silhouette of a giant pine tree. It was equally beautiful and I gave thanks to God for those two brief moments of peace and revelation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree - it seems that this is a little bit of a sad time for me - when you take down the decorations some of the color goes out of your every day life. It comes back, but those tiny colored lights really do something peaceful for me. I also saw the sunset tonight in my little corner of the world and I agree, it was amazing. Thank God for every blessing he gave today.

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...