Saturday, July 12, 2008

Back from Vacation

I'm back from a glorious week spent at a cabin on Lake Champlain up in northern Vermont. This is the first time we've taken a week vacation since our honeymoon 11 years ago! I really wasn't crazy about going. It's a lot of work to get ready for a vacation, and I'm not a big fan of traveling, but by the middle of the week, I truly didn't want to come home. It was just so quiet and peaceful there. My in-laws came with us and they took care of the kids a few hours each day so I got some alone time for me and some alone time with my husband as well. I got lots of quilting done and read 3 novels!

My husband and I took one day and went to nearby Burlington, which is a small college town. The University of Vermont is located there. My husband stopped to use the restroom at the Admissions building and we ended up being invited to go on a tour, which was actually very fun and informative! I always feel very at home on college campuses and now I know a great deal about UVM! After that, we went out to lunch. It was wonderful! I also learned some things about boating. The kids caught their first fish which they were very excited about! The countryside is very beautiful up there as well. I took lots of photos, some of which I am sure will end up on my Moments of Beauty blog.

Of course, the trip wasn't without it's issues. Our van decided to stop working. Thank goodness for AAA! We were able to get the van towed and fixed. Unfortunately, we were $300 poorer. Also, my husband ran out of gas in his motor boat in the middle of the lake when he went out fishing yesterday. Oops - he forgot to check that! Thankfully, another boater was able to tow him in!

Overall, though, it was great, and it was hard to come home to face the mountain of laundry and emails full of problems that I now need to contend with. But, life goes on . . .

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...