Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Kitchen Madonna



I love to look through the catalogs of religious items and books that come my way. Of course, I can't afford all the things that I would like, but a girl can dream :) I have always been attracted to "The Kitchen Madonna" which shows Mary having a typical day taking care of the house. Honestly, the first time I saw this image, I thought that it was St. Martha who has traditionally been connected to housework. I was surprised and pleased to find out it was actually Mary. I love the humanity inherent in the image - the down-to-earth picture of Mary as housekeeper. That's a Mary all of us who take care of homes can relate to! Just for fun, I looked to see if "The Kitchen Madonna" was available through Amazon. Sure enough, it is, in the event any of you would like to bring this inspiring image into your own homes.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...