Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thank you and Goodbye to "The Catholic Observer"

My Diocesan newspaper "The Catholic Observer" just published its last issue. It will be replaced by a new magazine, "The Catholic Mirror." I'm sure that the magazine will be great and I look forward to reading it, but I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge how much I have appreciated "The Catholic Observer" over the years and to say a public "Thank you" to all who made it great. I have enjoyed reading it since I was a teenager and had the privilege of being included in it a couple times. I know the reality is fewer and fewer people read newspapers, but I for one enjoy sitting down with something tangible and reading it while I eat or while curled up in a comfy chair. I like to be able to fold down corners on things I want to refer to or blog about. As I said, I'm sure the magazine will be great and I am very glad that Peggy Weber will be continuing her column. It just won't come as often :(

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...