Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Memorare for Anyone Who Needs It

I am currently reading Women of Opus Dei: In Their Own Words. In it, one of the women comments about how she makes it a daily practice to say a Memorare for "Anyone who might need it." What a wonderful practice! I never thought of doing that. Of course, it does not need to be a Memorare. It could just as easily be a Hail Mary or Our Father. There are so many people in this world who need prayers and have no one to pray for them. By the same token, people you love may have prayer intentions you are not even aware of. Why not make this part of your daily prayer?

The Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.


No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...