Monday, April 16, 2012

One of My Favorite Images of the Holy Family



I had hoped to post this image for the feast of St. Joseph last month. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts at Google Image searches, I came up empty. Not knowing the name or who painted it didn't help. My friend Lisa Hendey at CatholicMom posted it yesterday, however, and I knew I had to share it!

I first saw this image hanging in a friend's home and loved it at first sight. It is such a slice of life image of the Holy Family. These were real people who got tired because they were taking care of a small child. I love the idea of St. Joseph holding baby Jesus so that Mary could get some much-needed sleep. It is such a beautiful image of love and fatherhood.

I still don't know who painted it, however. If you do, please let me know so that I can give proper credit!

Thank you!

3 comments:

Hail To The Victors said...

I would love to be able to purchase this picture. Any ideas on where I could find it?

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

It can be purchased through the Catholic Company here: http://www.catholiccompany.com/holy-famiy-w-cherry-frame-65x10-p2222973/?sli=2222974

Unknown said...

I have this picture,but don't know the value.

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...