Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Circle of Light at the Divine Mercy Shrine

Something I signed up for at the start of this year was to join The Circle of Light at the Divine Mercy Shrine in Stockbridge, MA. I love it there, but I don't get there often, even though I only live an hour away. The last time I made it was almost three years ago. And, while I was there I lit a candle and said a prayer.

With The Circle of Light, I have the comfort of knowing that candles are being lighted for my intentions and that my needs and the needs of those I love are always being raised to God. Obviously, the candles don't matter in and of themselves - they are only a symbol of the prayer that is offered. But, I am very thankful for the prayers.

One feature I truly like is that I have an account on-line - I can go in and change my intentions at any time. As some prayers are answered and others come to the forefront, I make alterations as needed. Of course, I always pray for these intentions myself as well, but there is more power the more people who are praying! I can always feel greater strength when others are also praying for my intentions.

The website for The Circle of Light states:

In the glowing Our Lady of Mercy Candle Shrine located on Eden Hill in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, votive candles burn as outward signs of our faith. They reflect the warmth of our shared trust in the Lord.
Our shrine is one of the largest indoor candle shrines in the United States with more than 2,600 candles burning brightly for the many prayer intentions received.
  • Each prayer intention is kept strictly confidential.
  • All intentions are remembered by the Congregation of Marians each day during Mass and their personal prayers, and by the Divine Mercy Intercessory Prayer Ministry.
  • Each prayer intention is prayed for individually before the Blessed Sacrament in Our Lady of Mercy Oratory.

    You can choose to light one candle, one candle for four weeks, have one candle lit monthly, twice a month or every week.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...