Someone posted this on the Catholic Writers Online Group that I belong to and I thought that it was great!
My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot
know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the
fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am
actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please You does in fact
please You. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope
that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I
do this You will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about
it. Therefore will I trust You always though I may seem to be lost and in
the shadow of death. I will not fear, for You are ever with me, and You will
never leave me to face my perils alone. (Thomas Merton)
I am a writer, artist, and homeschooling mom. Here you will find musings on life, readings, and a relationship with God. To add a RSS feed to this blog, go to http://feeds.feedburner.com/SpiritualWoman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Three Works of Reparation and Why They Matter
The Catholic Encyclopedia defines reparation as “the making of amends for harm or damage done to another person.” When Christ died on t...
-
These are excerpts from some of St. Gianna's writings: "Prayer is the search for God who is in heaven and everywhere, since He i...
-
Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...
-
The two featured names of the day on the Ave Maria Press Facebook Catholic Baby Name Contest are "Helen" and "Ethan" -...
No comments:
Post a Comment