Sunday, December 03, 2006

Happy Advent!

Advent officially begins today! The waiting has begun. I got most of my shopping done last week. I do this on purpose. As much as some people lament the "Christmas" creep (I will admit, Christmas decorations in October is a bit much!), I certainly don't mind sales a bit early. I like to get the commercial aspect of Christmas out of the way, so that then I can focus on the spiritual aspect of Advent.

The boys and I made a paper Advent wreath today that we have taped to our window. We have paper "flames" so that we can just tape the appropriate number of flames on the candles. We have two Advent calendars. I had bought one and then the next day David came home with one from school so now each boy has his own. Advent calendars generally start with December 1st, so for the past three days, they have run downstairs in the morning, shouting that they need to "open the flaps!" I think that this Advent will be very enjoyable with those two around.

Meanwhile, we are all suffering from colds. Lots of coughing and runny noses in our house. I would have really enjoyed a nap today, but as we all know, Moms don't get sick days, especially when everybody else in the house is sick, too. Hopefully, we will all feel better soon.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...