Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Thoughts Matter

"From within people, from their hearts, come evil thoughts, unchastity, theft, murder, deceit, licentiousness, envy, blasphemy, arrogance, folly. All these evils come from within and they defile"

Mark 7:21-23

I often find that while (at least on my good days) I'm able to control my actions and not do any bad things, keeping my thoughts in check is a much more difficult battle. All too often less than charitable thoughts cross my mind. Yet as Jesus tells us in this Gospel passage, not only what we do matters, but what we think. In fact, all wrong actions actually begin in our thoughts first. And so, I will keep trying to monitor what is going through my mind and pray to keep the evil unkind thoughts away.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...