Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 27, 2010 Saturday of Lent

Jesus said to his disciples:
“You have heard that it was said,
You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.
But I say to you, love your enemies,
and pray for those who persecute you,
that you may be children of your heavenly Father"
- Matthew 5:43-45

Who are your enemies? Maybe you don't have any. In that case, who are the people you really don't like? The people who seem to exist just to aggravate you? Have you ever tried praying for them - not praying for them to change and do what you want, just praying for them? I read once (I can't recall the source) that you can't hate someone you are praying for. In my life, I have found that to be true. It may take a while, but you will find peace in the situation. Say a prayer today for someone who irritates you or makes your life difficult.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...