Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Celebrating the Ordinary

I'm a huge Norman Rockwell fan, which is just one reason why I'm thrilled to be teaching about him next week in my home school co-op art history classes. In doing my research, I came across this quote in a 1936 article in "The American Magazine" -

"It was his mission to celebrate the ordinary - 'the things we have seen all our lives, and overlooked.'"

That's the secret of happiness right there - to celebrate and cherish the everyday, to pay attention to the small things. God has given us a beautiful world full of beautiful moments. Take the time to appreciate them.

No comments:

How to Pray for Your Adult Children

  When our children become adults, our relationship with them changes. Even if they continue to live in our homes, in most cases, our role...