Friday, May 14, 2010

A New Rosary Novena

I'm sure at some point in my religious upbringing and education, someone pointed out to me that the original novena (nine days of prayer) took place in the time between the Ascension and Pentecost. Yet, when I read that piece of information yesterday it came as news to me! (There is no accounting for the things I have forgotten in my life!) Interestingly enough, I found that piece of information after I had already made the decision to start a new rosary novena Thursday morning.

I save Rosary Novenas for the truly big needs in my life. 54 days (3 novenas of petition and 3 novenas of thanksgiving) requires a certain amount of commitment. At the same time, it always gives me peace, acceptance, strength, and in God's good time, an answer. This time, I'm actually saying it for someone else, a dear friend who could use some help. I don't know what answers the prayers will lead to, but I am trusting in God's wisdom and love.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...