Monday, March 12, 2012

New Guide to Daily Prayer

I was recently given a free issue of Give Us This Day, a new guide to daily prayer from The Liturgical Press. I have been using it this month and have found it to be very helpful. Each day features a morning prayer including a psalm, scripture reading, and intercessions. A saint biogrhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifaphy is included, as are the Mass readings for the day. These are followed by a one-page reflection. Evening prayer once again includes a psalm, scripture and intercessions.

Of course, one is not obligated to use all of the prayers/ readings included. I personally find it very helpful to have the Mass readings included. I had gotten out of the habit of taking out my Bible, looking them up, and reading them daily. This makes it very easy to have that daily helping of scripture!

Give Us This Day would be an asset to any Catholic's prayer life. You can find out more, request a free sample, or subscribe at http://www.giveusthisday.org/.

No comments:

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...