Wednesday, October 24, 2012

High Stakes for Life in Massachusetts

With the election less than two weeks away, I am once again turning to the subject of the "Assisted Suicide" bill on the ballot in Massachusetts. For those of you not from Massachusetts, I respectfully ask that you pray that this bill be defeated. For those of you from Massachusetts, I beg you to please vote "no." This bill is bad on so many levels (no safeguards, no need for a psychiatric evaluation, etc.) but fundamentally it is wrong because it does not respect God as the author of life.

I invite you to read this article by Justin Bell which appeared in the September 2012 issue of Columbia magazine: High Stakes for Life in Massachusetts - As doctor-prescribed suicide is sold as 'compassion,' Catholics and others witness to the true dignity of life.

1 comment:

Daily Grace said...

I join you in prayer.

#OpenBook for March 2024

  Welcome to #OpenBook. I'm joining up with Carolyn Astfalk who hosts an #OpenBook Linkup on CatholicMom.com . Here's what I'v...